[gftp] Re: gftp Patch for PRET command

hi Chris

your patch was submitted to svn as rev 1038, see

https://orbit.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php?root=gftp&rev=1038&view=rev

I tested a couple of FTP sites that I have access to, the patch did not cause any trouble.

I am CCing the gftp-user list and encourage anyone who are interested to test the code.

thank you again for the contribution.

Qianqian

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 7:59 AM, Droshalla <droshalla@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi there!

On Mon, 10 May 2010 23:04:01 -0400
Qianqian Fang <fangqq@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> thank you very much. It looks nice, but I have only one
> problem: after applying the patch, the compilation failed
> with the following error msg:
[...]

Thanks for the quick answer. :)

Oh my, it must've been really late that night. The definitions
are the only thing missing, actually. Only copy/pasted the wrong
diff from another terminal it seems. What a silly mistake.

> I could add the definitions for those variables, but not
> sure if that's all. Can you check your version again and send
> me the "svn diff lib/ src/" output from the trunk folder?

Done. Please find attached the second version of my patch,
this time verbatim from the shell. Includes two header lines,
too (Index...), so you might need to remove those before merging
the patch.

This is rudimentary PRET support only. The specs say it is
to be used before LIST and APPE and the like, but at least in
my purported use case, those commands do not matter yet. I will
gradually try to put the PRET check infront of every command
that is mentioned in the specs, though.

NB: I put the config option onto the bookmark page, too, so this
might write a file to disk that may cause trouble to an older
gftp version. However, gftp usually just discards lines it cannot
interpret cleanly, so there should be no harm in it.

I might do some other patches against the rfc959 part, but I don't
know how far I can go. Do you expect to re-merge the changes since
your svn trunk started back into Brian's sources? If this is
unlikely, then it might help a lot to make some deeper changes,
and gftp should regain popularity. :)

Regards,
Chris