Re: SEUL: Re: Proposal for using a single mailing list [was Re: Oneend-user distribution?]

> We do not write installation software. Independence is based on Redhat,
> and uses the redhat installation. If LaetOS can produce a better installer
> than Redhat's , then we'll be interested.

More exactly we didn't.  If someone volunteers we can add the features
the RedHat boys don't even consider because in their minds Linux is
Unix and Unix is closer to a mainframe than to a Wintel.  But spending
zillion of programming years just to make a superb installer is non
sense.  The real installer is go to Compaq, IBM or Dell and tell them
you want Linux.  Once you get Linux there the El Cheapo manufacturers
will follow.  But you will have done nothing if the Linux they get
preinstalled is designed by martians for martians and for use in
planet Mars like present distributions are.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org