Re: Some new RPMS

> From: george.russell@clara.net
> Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 19:32:59 +0100
> Sender: owner-independence-l@independence.seul.org
>
> jfm2@club-internet.fr wrote:
>
> > In addition the two backward compatibility RPMS
> > gtk+10
> > glib10 (this one I cannot find an SRPM)
>
> Was not the glib part of gtk until the development series 1.x? I think
> this was the case.

Yes.  It is now in separate RPMS.  I found the compatibility glib and
gtk 1.0 RPMS were built with the same SRPM and this is in the site so
we are legal.

> Recent gimp in stable branch 1.0.3, 1.0.4 (imho the only reason for
> keeping gtk 1.0 around) work with gtk 1.2 now.

I know.  You forget Linuxconf between the things who need gtk 1.0, at
least until I upgrade to the latest and greatest.

> > On the other hand I have removed xephem due to copyright problems.
> > Unless I find a really interesting Motif-based software (dubious) I
> > will remove the lesstif RPMS before release.
> >
> > All going well tomorrow I will release a plug and play wwwoffle
> > (notice I tend to be grossly overoptimistic) but it is no piece of
> > cake.  Wwwoffle is a web/ftp proxy with better features for home use
> > that squid.  Having a proxy translates in $$ outside USA.
>
> If you have not built an RPM yourself, there are some RPM's provided on
> the home page of the author.

I think I have looked at it many months ago and found it was not very
good.  In addition I am planning to make it plug and play, that is if
it will be put automatically in "online" state when you start PPP and
it will be put "offline" when you stop PPP.  If it detects a LAN card
when starting it will assume "online" status.  Of course this does not
fit with people who LANs at home and a non-permanent link to the net
so in case some person has a better idea...

This will probably require modifying the initscripts RPM because I
want this being done cleanly ie without automatic editions.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org