Re: Getting error message on install of Independence

At 09:04 AM 09/04/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm getting the error message, "Error: could not open directory"
>
>when I am asked where the Independence files are located.  any other time I
>get the message "doesn't look like there is an install tree there" (or
>something simular) when i tell it the wrong directory.
>
>any ideas, or any help?  anyone else had this problem?

It's a problem with the case of the "RPMS" directory on your Win9x
partition. (It's probably "rpms"). It's a documented bug and RH has issued
a fix. Sorry I don't remember what it's called or where it is. However for
the fix which worked for me go to
http://www.users.fast.net/~rodsmith/rhjol.html and look for a doc called
"rhjol-fat32.html". Worked for me.

good luck,