Re: Pre-pre-pre..........alpha

> In a message dated 4/16/2000 8:04:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> IDMONNNN@email.msn.com writes:
>
> <<  Kernal does not support NTFS >>
>
> This message means that you don't have NTFS support compiled into the kernal.
>  It's really not too hard to recompile the kernel to include this support.
> Just read the how-to and it will fully explain what to do.

Noooooo.  If yuou need to recompile the kernel then don't do it.  What
you should do is visit the author and shot him for treason.  Ooops
that is me.  :-) A distribution who ships with mediocre kernels is a
distribution who doesn't care about people who don't have the time or
the knowledge to do this.

However the kernel is not the definitive one because I expect
2.2.15 being releaswed before Indy.  I want to make Indy having a
leaner and better kernel than RedHat's.  But now there are chances I
will not forget to compile the module about NTFS support.  However
standard Linux is only able to read NTFS file systems because its
driver is considered not good enough to allow writing.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org