Re: tarball of website

On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 11:32:48PM +0100, David Webster wrote:
> Hey, can anyone give me a hand creating a tarball of the website?
>
> I run the command:
> $ tar cvf ~/public_html/web.site ~indy/public_html
> <snipped file list>
> /home/indy/public_html/head.shtml~
> tar: Exit delayed from previous errors
> $_
>
> Any ideas?

If you remove the verbosity, it just prints the interesting stuff:

[arma@cran public_html]$ tar cf ~/public_html/web.site ~indy/public_html
tar: Removing leading `/' from archive names
tar: Cannot add file /home/indy/public_html/developers/developers.txt: Permission denied

The offending file is
-rw--w----   1 indy     indy        18098 Dec  1  1999 developers.txt

I have changed the permissions on this file to 664. However, it doesn't
look like it's actually meant to be served on the website (it's a copy
of a mail that jfm sent in November). Do what you will. :)

--Roger