Re: installing indy from redhat?

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, Stefan Rieken wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having little trouble getting Indy (slow connection). I wondered if
> I could just first install redhat and than add changes instead? I can
> easily get redhat.

Yes. There is a differentials dir on the ftp server, which AFAIK, contains
all the RPMs that differ from a default redhat install:
ftp://ftp2.seul.org/independence/Indy-6.0-0.8/differentials/

> (Wonder: wouldn't a modem bootdisk be interesting? Why does no
> distribution known to me have that? And cable modem?)

Don't modems/cable modems just reqire a driver for the protocol used over
them? When I installed my modem I just needed ppp support. For a Cable
modem I just needed dhcp support, and a supported NIC.

David
| David M. Webster '------------------------------' (aka cogNiTioN) |
|===| I use Linux everyday to up my productivity - so up yours! |===|
| <cognition@bigfoot.com> |-|===========|-| http://www.cognite.net/ |
`===========| I walk to the beat of a different drummer |==========='