Re: more ssi trouble :-(

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Stefan Rieken wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I did all the config, but still no effect on ssi.
>
> The logfile repeats: "handler "server-parsed" not found for:"...
According to my _Webmaster in a nutshell_ book, you need to add the lines:

AddType text/html .shtml
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

to your srm.conf

and

Options+ Includes

to your access.conf. (Make sure that the above line appears in each
<Directory> directive you want use SSIs with.

If you've done this, the error message you're getting suggests that the
"server-parsing hadler" isn't operating properly. This may mean your
install is broken, or that you need to uncomment (or add) the lines:
LoadModule includes_module	libexec/apache/mod_include.so
and
AddModule mod_include.c

in your httpd.conf
(You should probably also check the path: libexec/apache/mod_include.so is
the correct location of the mod_include.

HTH, but if you still have problems, mail me your config files, and I'll
see if I can help.

David
| David M. Webster '------------------------------' (aka cogNiTioN) |
|===| I use Linux everyday to up my productivity - so up yours! |===|
| <cognition@bigfoot.com> |-|===========|-| http://www.cognite.net/ |
`===========| I walk to the beat of a different drummer |==========='