Re: squeak is enthousiast

> On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Stefan Rieken wrote:
>
> > Let me know if you agree with this view, so that I can give them a "go"
> > or "no-go" on this.
>
> I'm not sure what "squeak" is, but I'm pretty sure I agree.

Squeak (www.squeak.org) is SmallTalk clone made by Apple and (I think)
Disney.  It seems there are several good examples and tutorials for
building multimedia apps.  I was looking for a programming language
for Joe Users willing to learn a bit of programming or willing their
kids learning.  One of the constraints is that Joe User will become
frustrated if it takes a month for him to build a mere 4 operations
calculator displaying on the console.  I want a tool allowing to, and
with exmaples showing how to build flashy apps, specially multimedia
ones.  Python is IMHO a very good language for teaching programming
but AFAIK its tutorials and the examples shipped are not precisely
exciting so it probably falls short for Joe Users.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org