Re: ok

On Thu, 30 Jul 1998, Roger Dingledine wrote:

Since it looks like moving wouldn't be too hard, perhaps we should
stay on cran for now.

> How many people need access to the website?

I'm the only one who really needs access to the website. All the
contributors thus far have just sent me mime attachments which I
upload.  jfm probably should have access too.
As for the repository, the only people who
need access are sjl, me, jfm and you. (ie people who upload a lot of
files. ) I definitely need shell access to the same machine that the
repository is on. For the others, this is probably not as crucial.

> Alternatively, we could set things up like they are with seul: the
> website cvs repository lives on cran, and when people do a cvs commit,
> a script gets called that transfers the new files over to belegost. This
> is awfully convenient for us now that it's set up, but I suspect the
> learning curve is pretty steep.

This might be a good idea. I suspect jfm and sjl probably already know
how to do this, and I really should learn ...

> http://www.seul.org/archives/independence-l/
> (but it'll be a couple days til that happens)

OK ...
--
Donovan Rebbechi <elflord@pegasus.rutgers.edu>
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/