Re: Indy-0.2 boot.img

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, JF Martinez wrote:

> I summarize: it doesn't work for you.  It works for me and in addition
> it matches what is on the site.  Could be there si some caching
> mechanism at work who makes you download acorrupted copy.
>
> Ah! I used wxftp for downloading it when I checked.

I found what was causing the big problem (and still some mystery).
I downloaded the boot.img using ncftp compiled to run on Win32 with the
Cygnus (cygwin) tool kit beta 20.1. The program seems to work great,
but for some reason (cashing??) it corrupts the image. I used another
ftp client in Windows and the image is fine.

Now your probably thinking "Why is he using Windows??"

For some reason when I try to download in Linux, I get part of the file
and the server stalls and will not send the rest of the requested file
(or even resume if using ftp). This is not application specific, it
happens no matter what application I use (ftp, wget, wxftp, ncftp, gftp
and even netscape). This is what happens on the belegost server. It
dose seem to be server specific though, on some ftp sites I have no such
problem. I've tried logged in as root with no improvement. I have
resorted to using Windows in these occasions because I can download
the same file and it never stops or stalls once using any application.
This problem is very frustrating to me, I have tried various options
and settings.

Any ideas??

Jean, I'm sorry you uploaded another boot.img on my account. Please
accept my apology.

--

R.G. Mayhue
rgmayhue@serenesoftware.com

	The moral progression of a people can scarcely begin till they
	are independent.
						--James Martineau

	Go get your Independence Linux now!
	http://www.independence.seul.org