Re: News

> Hi Martinez,
>
> I am a very experience Cobol developer (24 years now), I did a lot of Cobol
> development in different Unix flavors (ASTRIX, SCO, HPUX). Do not know if
> there is any development I can help with, always wanted to learn C but never
> got around to it.

I have programmed in Cobol and PL/1 but not on Unix, on MVS now OS390.

Installer is in Python a scripting language who makes difficult to
'write dirty' and whose user base is growing very fast.  It is slow
but there are plenty of programs where it doesn't matter

Give me a couple days to think in something for you

> I was getting ready to install Indy Linux and I downloaded the one from your
> WEB site but on your previous email below you mention it is not installable
> yet. I downloaded RPMS, BOOT.IMG, FIPS20.ZIP, INDEPENDENCE.TGZ and
> RAWRITE.ZIP. Do I need anything else or is this it.

Wait a bit.  I should have spent sunday getting Indy ready but in fact
I was hijacked ;-) for putting cupboards in my kitchen.

> My time is quite limited because I work for a large financial transactions
> processor and we are full of projects, but if there are some smaller tasks I
> can be helpful with, please let me know.

OK I will contact you in a couple days.

> Thanks,
> Juan M. Silva
> Systems Development, Architect
> Concord EFS, Inc.
> JSilva@JSilva.net
>
> PS: Hablas español?

He crecido en España.  Pero vivo en Francia y por ello no sé hablar el
"castellano informático".

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org