A pre-pre-pre-pre...release

There is a release of Indy in
ftp://belegost.seul.org/independence/Indy-6.2build/CD1

It is a developpers release completely untested.

Since I am restarting of scratch there is not much difference with
RedHat, yet.  It still uses Redaht texts at installation and RedHat
logos.

Since Indy is supposed to aim at making Linux attractive its first
differences with RedHat are Gimp 1.1.24 and Blender 2.0.  A newer and
better Gimp manual will be in the doc CD as soon as I download it

The other important difference is that gcc 2.95 will be used for
compiling Indy packages.  This will ensure Indy packages being 30%
faster than RedHat's at floating point.  In addition I have done some
research for optimal compiler flgs.  I cannot presently compile
everything only key libraries and packages.  For now that means glibc
and gtk+

In addition all of RedHat updates have been applied.

There will be a new release in a couple of weeks

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org