Re: Koffice

Donovan Rebbechi wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Jun 1999, JF Martinez wrote:
>
> QT 2.0 has been in CVS for a while, and is believed to be fairly stable.
> The old releases of Koffice have two many basic functions missing ( eg
> "quit" ). I say we try getting the latest version of koffice going with
> QT.

Well, if you succeed, hats off to you!  The problem is QT2.0 does not exist
-- what does exist as of about a day ago is QT2.0beta.  Up until a day ago
QT2.0 was very much CVS quality --some days it would compile, others it
wouldn't; one day to the next classes would be added and removed, and APIs
changed.  In short, the situation is very dicey w/ using the KOffice for
2.0.

I am not trying to discourage you, b/c if you guys get a stable version out
that would be awesome, I just want to warn you that you will have to get
into the code, and the code is not so easy for a newcomer.

To learn more about the current state, read the thread on kde-devel (it
sort of starts at http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&m=92751260325000&w=2).

Regards,

Andreas Pour