Re: synchronising with Redhat

> Is there any reason why we should sync with Redhat ? their major releases
> are hardly known for quality control. Being on the bleeding edge is nice
> , but seems somewhat contrary to our goals. Being a little bit behind the
> bleeding edge is smart. I remember all of those dissatisfied RH5 customers
> on the groups, many of whom became satisfied SuSE customers.

Excellent point. I generally wait for the second revision (x.2) before I use
a redhat release. (Of course, all three of my machines are still happily
running 4.2.)

What this boils down to: even if Redhat releases in a month, we aren't going
to care for a few months after that.

I don't know how long CD sellers like to be intending to sell something before
they'll burn it. I suppose we leave that up to them, if they're interested in
doing it.

--Roger