RE: another success story

>to the 'screen' section, and then X booted nicely. My first impression of
>KDE is that it's the scourge of the earth, but that's because I'm one of
>those gung-ho Linux people, so I'll shut up about that. :) It would be keen
>if there were a menu somewhere so I could pick my window manager, but I can
>do it manually I suppose. (Likely not everybody can do this, though.)

   Solaris does this one first login.  In this case, it should be
possible to have a script in startx pick a window manager, and remove
itself after really starting X.  Would be nice...  Maybe have the
default home for a new user have this startX, and then delete itself
allowing the real one to be called.

>One slight bug: during the install, after I'd picked packages, it told me
>about a pair of packages that required some packages I hadn't selected.
>(I think WavPlugin or xwave was one of them, don't remember. Probably
>everyone who's attempted to install Indy encountered this.) Anyway, I don't
>know what they required that I didn't choose. My instinct says they've got
>some false dependencies that were confusing the installer. But it worked ok
>anyway.

  I still don't have sound up, but I haven't worked on it.  Sigh...  I
need a beer.

   As an aside, I had a minor list problem, and have received nothing
until now.  That means any cleaver replies to my first e-mail were
lost...  For that matter, I don't know if my first e-mail made it.  On
second thought, I need a strong Martini. :-)