Re: submitting rpms to redhat contrib?

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, Roger Dingledine wrote:

> It struck me that an excellent way of getting more people to use the
> new rpms is to submit them to the redhat contrib site, and then send

we could do this, but one thing to keep in mind is that submitting to
redhat contrib is a pain in the butt since their connections time out
very quickly ( even for uploaders ) . You need a T1 to succesfully
get anything uploaded there ( and even then, a T1 doesn't ensure 100%
success )

I've also thought of this and I've uploaded some of my packages to rh
contrib  I think it is a good idea. It goes against the goals of our
project to hoard our packages. The only consideration is that we don't
want to work too hard doing this.

Cheers,

-- Donovan