Re: Samba, and the latest version.

> From: "Sharp, Lee" <Lee@PeakUSA.com>
> Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 16:44:07 -0600
> Sender: owner-independence-l@independence.seul.org
>
>    In looking doing the basic docs, I noticed we still have a 1.9 Samba
> in our distribution.  Is there some reason we don't have the 2.0.3?  I
> know you need to go to 2.0.x to run the 2.2.x kernel...  It also has

Limited resources.  I had to be selective abouut what I included and
remember I wasn't aiming at companies (this is left for future
versions) so don't spend effort on company-oriented software that
RedHat would be shipping in next version.

There is an upgrade kit to 2.2 kernel in the additionals directory.
It should include the newer Samba.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org