Re: Things needed

On 19 Mar 1999 jfm2@club-internet.fr wrote:

> When starting Netscape the user will find a web page at
> /usr/doc/HTML/index.html belonging to the indexhtml RPM.

One idea is that we simply put parts of our existing website there. Why
duplicate our work ? For example, we coould put the following there:

*	Our bookmarks page http://independence.seul.org/bookmarks.html
( which could be updated to include whatever we want to include in it...)
*	Our html-ised software list ( I have already had a request that
the /software section be available for download ... )
*	Any documentation that we write.

* 	here's an interesting idea: a search tool that lets you search
the html-ised rpm descriptions for keywords. Because we've html'ised it
already, we just need to use someone elses search engine.

> I am also finding I have problems keeping track of newcomers, briefing
> them and trying to assign them to tasks.  Orgnaization is too
> centralized around me.

maybe we need a postgres database to keep track of everyone (-;

> Is there someone willing to write some Perl scripts useful for the
> maintenance of the distrib?

What kind of things do you have in mind ?