RE: Blender status change

>We included Blender in 0.1.  It was 0$, they gave me authorization of
>putting it in the distrib, it was very good.  But now it becomes
>shareware with features enabled with a key.
>
>I don't feel very well about distributing crippleware.  We are not
>supposed to be a channel for increasing sales of payware like a TV ad
>can be.
>
>I plan on withdrawing Blender.   Anyone disagrees?

   I actually read some of the 80's business bible, "See You At The
Top," by Zig Ziggler.  <OK, he knew my dad...>  Anyway, one of the
things he says is that you never know what you can get if you don't ask.
 I say shoot them an e-mail stating that we only include full,
non-crippleware versions of any program.  Our license can be limited to
that particular version current at the time of our release, <they can
still make a buck on future upgrades> but it is complete as of the
distribution release.  If they say no, pull it.  But, they just might
say yes for the exposure.  We get a "value add" we can talk about on the
web site, and they get talked about...

			Lee