RE: Autodocs texts

I am SO glad someone is looking at it.  I was beginning to wonder... :-)

Also, it has a real name now...  http:\\snow.peakusa.com\

>For now I have  a couple critics:

This is what I am looking for.  Anyone else, chime in.  I don't mind.

>-You speak about RFCs.  This is for technical users.  I; myself, have
> never read one

   Good point, but I do want to mention the standards the internet is
built on.  Do you think explaining what an RFC is, and giving a link
would be OK?

>-You talk about mount points without defining them.  Also you talk
> about SMB shares but there are people who don't know what is a share.
> Need to explain this or tell them "if you don't undersatand, then you
>probably don't have them."

That forest and trees thing again...  Thanks!

>-About boot disks.  People with CDROMs don't need them most time but
> they need to make the CD bootable in the BIOS.  Perhaps explaining
> would confuse them.

   Most of the home machines in the US are clones either home built or
store built.  While some are CD bootable, many are not.  Furthermore,
some resellers disable CD boot on machines they sell because it confuses
customers!  I disable it on all the machines at our company.  I will put
a line in that on some machines it MAY boot off the CD...  Hedging
enough? :-)

>-About the size of partition problem is that BIOS don't allow booting
> beyond cylinder 1024.  And old disks have a limit on the size of
> cylinders who make that cylinder 1024 is 512 Megs.  So if any part of
> the kernel is beyond 512 megs you cannot boot.  Only way to be sure
> the kernel is under the limit is by having the whole partition
> containing it being under 512 Megs.  Modern disks use address
> translation (LBA mode) and I routinely boot kernels who are in a
> partition beyond the 4th G in the disk.

   Isn't there also something about LILO not supporting over 500 meg
partitions?  I know I got the flag with a machine with LBA support, so
there has to be more.  It was also in hda1, 750 meg after track 0.

>-The "configuring' link is nowhere to be seen.  Neither are the
> following (unwritten I presume).

Still working on it.  Perhaps I can catch up Saturday. :-)  Thanks for
the comments!

			Lee