Programmers needed

While RH 6.0 (our next base) hasn't been released yet there are three
features I know without even looking at the sources I downloaded they
will have not implemented in the installation: install by modem,
automatic national keyboards for LILO and PPP config at install time.
Implementing them would be more a matter of hacks than real grandios
programming.  Is anyone interested?

A task slightly more difficult would be to allow conflicting packages
in installation.  In fact this is what kept us of including
alternatives for software like sendmail who is IMHO an overkill for
msot organizations but who would conflict with alternative mail
servers.  A possible implementation (but this is only a suggestion)
would be to have more than one list of 'available' software with the
answer to a question determining what list is chosen.  If the user
checks 'install everything' then in fact he gets only one mail server:
the one who is in the list.  Implementing this should be a bit more
difficult but you don't need to be a first rate programmer for this.
Again is there a volunteer?

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org