Re: Fwd: Re: NEdit

On Thu, 20 May 1999, JF Martinez wrote:

> I ended rejecting it.  It wasn't on licensing terms. Perhaps I didn't
> read it because I don't consider this being acceptable: such licenses
> means that peoiple without cheap net access can hardly get it.  And
> many of them are poor people.  I

actually, the license means that it can go on a cheapbytes( or similar )
CD. It precludes it from being in a SuSE/Caldera/RH box set. It's not so
much ethically bad as it is stupid: because being included in a major
distribution is a good way to get a lot of users.

Still, the technical reason is sound. Motif software is a headache for us.

-- Donovan