Re: Mandrake

on 5/5/01 9:45 AM, Jean Francois Martinez at jfm2@club-internet.fr wrote:

> On Saturday  5 May 2001 03:39, Darin Lang wrote:
>> Mandrake also shuts my computer off (crashes it) if I leave it idle for
>> more than an hour, every time. Anyone know how to fix that?
>>

> Could you tell me the symptoms?  Are you using X?  What is your hardware?
>
> JFM

I seem to have handled this by shutting off APM in the system BIOS. It was
set to shut the computer off if it is idle for 50 minutes. Apparently KDE's
energy saver reset it, as I later discovered in KDE there was an energy
saver panel that was set to shut down after 50 minutes off being idle. only
it was a hard shut down, pull the plug shut down. I disabled that too. Now
it only shuts down the monitor after 15 minutes.