Re: Network Fax & Intranet solution for Indy

On Friday 11 May 2001 03:58, Dinos Kouroushaklis wrote:
> I am not sure but do we have a network fax solution included in Indy?
>
> I am talking about "MultiFax" and "Grand Salmar Station/Salmar Intranet
> Application"
> from Marcel Cagne available at http://www.salmar.com/downloads.html which
> can be downloaded from:
> http://www.salmar.com/dl/multifax.tar.gz and
> http://www.salmar.com/gss/installintra.tar.gz .

No we haven't.  And I think it is important tio have one.  Also my impression
after perusing its docs was that hylafax was an overkill and too complex so
I was looking for something better.   But Sunday I will be closing the
"build software" phase (otherwise we will fell agin in the "just another
package" syndrom) and I doubt it will be in this checkpoint.

> There are two Linux Journal articles explaining how to use both of these
> applications at:
> http://www2.linuxjournal.com/lj-issues/issue68/3274.html and
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/lj-issues/issue84/4568.html
>
> An additional Link for "Grand Salmar Station" is:
> http://www.salmar.com/gss/ .
>

> Could someone install and review for inclusion with Indy? Do we have an
> alternative?
>
> Regards
> Dinos Kouroushaklis
> dinos@bigfoot.com