Re: Software in first snapshot

On Monday 14 May 2001 12:28, Dinos Kouroushaklis wrote:
> So what are the steps necessary to perform the installation?
>
> Install Red Hat 7.1 and then install the differential?
> What if we still have 6.2 on our systems?

First of all due to requirements in library versions those packages are built
against RedHAT 7.1 so they will not work in plain 6.2.

Now the announce was for people wanting to test individual packages and
repoert bugs.  For this you must be running either pure RH 7.1 or the
modified 7.1 made by SGI (with XFS support). and then apply packages upon them

You also have the option to wait until snapshot itself is released who will
have this additional software integrated in the installation and will be less
trouble.