Re: truetype

On Sun, 7 Nov 1999, Birger Langkjer wrote:

> I asked a long time ago how to use truetype fonts under X. I finally found the
> answer: You have to use 'ttmkfdir -o fonts.dir' and then add the folder to
> fontpath. Doh! It's so simple but I'm amazed it's so poorly documented! man xfs
> gives absolutely no clue, I had to find this information on the web.

The xfstt docs explain everything you need to know.

> Btw. it's about time Linux distributions moved to ttf instead of bdf. Aren't

Not sure i'm in 1005 agreement, though I agree that it would be nice if we
could use true type fonts

> there any good quality ttf-fonts that you can distribute for free?

Nope.

Here's what I think the best solution is: make the install of xfstt try to
detect true type fonts in the windows partition ( if one exists )

--
Donovan