Indy 0.0.0 is (at last) released

It ever happens.  The most difficult and time consuming part of
releasing a distrib is when everything is ready except integrating
your work into the base, merge the latest and greatest security fixes,
split the stuff into CD sized directories, write the scripts who make
this automatic and then mirror everything to the ftp site.  It is at
this time when my arms seem to fall apart.  Fortunately future
releases will need far less work in this area.

As told this release concentrates on tools for graphics creation and
in improved printing, while removing some hackeristic or redundant
programs (one of them being my favourite editor, a minute of silence
for it) and in ensuring users in deep trouble will have an alternative
to VI.

But I forgot about KDE2 when I told about future orientation.
Immediate goal will be to replace KDE1 with it.  In addition there
have been some important news like Mesa 3.4 and Gimp-print 1.0.  This
one would require to recompile Gimp but since Gimp 1.2 is imminent and
upgrading Gimp will also require to recompile a few programs like
xsane and xmorph then I am waiting on this one.  So I will use the
time for removing some of these RedHat texts from the instller and
some logos and URLs from tyhe distrib proper.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org