Re: iptrafylize - Perl analysis script

> Well, here is my first stab at a Perl script to analyze the log
> file from IPTraf.
>
> This script could stand to be optimized somewhat, but it works.
>
> The script currently processes an ip_traffic*.log file and dumps
> summarization of the number of bytes used per IP address per
> protocol (currently TCP, UDP and ICMP).
>
> Though it has basic output, the structure of the script allows it
> to easily be enhanced.
>
> I will gladly add more to the script if people can tell me what
> they are looking for.

Hi,

I tested your script and it gives not the output it should for my
logfiles.

I thing it is because my logfileformat is enhanced by MAC-Adresses and by
some content you did not recognize.

perhaps, because I am not so firm in devolping perl-Scripts, you can enhance
your script to manage my logfiles?

as a little attatchment there is a logfile with an entry of lines which do
not run.

> Please, give me feedback.  If the script works for you, I'd like to
> know.  If you'd like to see some changes/enhancements, let me know.

I just Did ;-)

Alexander Bruns
System- und Netzwerkadministration
FTK - Forschungsinstitut fuer Telekommunikation
Martin-Schmeisser-Weg 4
D - 44227 Dortmund
tel + 49 (0) 231 97 50 56 16
fax + 49 (0) 231 97 50 56 10