Re: log the logs of iptraf with rmtg?

Short answer would have to be no.  There is no built-in function with
iptraf that enables such tracking.  It is completely real-time, with
exception of the log files that gets generated.

Ugly answer is that it can be possible to work with the generated log
files to do something similar, a script perhaps written in Perl or such
that parses the log file to generate something similar to graphs and
such.

Optimum answer would be to make changes to iptraf source to have it
connect to a database, putting appropriate data into the generated
tables, and use php or such to compile the data and display it via a web
interface.

As a matter of fact, I'm doing the "optimum answer" part with a
different program, AirTraf, that does strictly wireless traffic
monitoring.  But since I'm pushing AirTraf to go beyond mac level
traffic monitoring to ip level and beyond for tracking services, much
like iptraf does, the code for much of parsing ip header stuff will be
borrowed from iptraf, meaning I would probably be able to incorporate
"mrtg-like" features for iptraf as well in the process of writing
AirTraf.

Only downside is that it's not there yet. :)  It'll probably be another
month or so until something like what you want will be out for use.
Unless of course, someone has already done something similar, in which
case, I'd definitely be interested in knowing more about it.

Peter K. Lee
saint@elixar.net