[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: IP address and Byte Usage
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: IP address and Byte Usage
- From: Gerard Paul Java <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 04:02:39 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 04:02:48 -0500
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
that's just the packet size for the first packet.
On Tue, 31 Dec 2002, Martin Rheumer wrote:
> As an example..
> Is this the actual byte count for the time I monitored?
> Tue Dec 31 11:38:31 2002; TCP; eth0; 1364 bytes; from x.x.x.1:22 to
> x.x.x.2:53343; first packet
> Tue Dec 31 11:38:31 2002; TCP; eth0; 52 bytes; from x.x.x.2:53343 to
> x.x.x.1:22; first packet
> Or is this just the "first" packet info as suggested?
> Its just ssh traffic to and from the host..
> It has a 2nd Interface that I actually monitor. Just seems
> to be missing the physical link yet to see the traffic.
> At 08:43 PM 25/12/02 -0500, Gerard Paul Java wrote:
> >I can imagine the mess if say, you're capturing all Internet packets in
> >promiscuous mode.
> >Does anyone here have a suggestion as t how we can do this?
> >On Sat, 21 Dec 2002, Martin Rheumer wrote:
> >> Has anyone been able to achieve an ip address list
> >> and byte count from iptraf. I can use the udp/tcp
> >> dump and the ip address in seperate runs, but what
> >> I am looking for is a byte count to IP address.
> >> ( I am then using the IP address to look up AS
> >> numbers to gather a better peering point for
> >> my company. )
> >> Thanks again
> >> Martin