Da: Greg Fenton [mailto:greg_fenton@yahoo.com]
Inviato: giovedì 16 maggio 2002 4.42
A: iptraf-users@seul.org
Oggetto: Summarizing IP logging

I've just begun playing with IPTraf.  It is great!

Three questions:

 - I've seen posts asking about log analysis scripts with few if any
   replies.  Is anyone working on such a beast (Perl, SH, whatever)?

 - Does it make sense to write another app to do such analysis and/or
   summarization or is there any chance of getting this functionality
   added to iptraf?

 - How much work would it be to build a version of iptraf that just
   supports daemon mode/command-line interface (i.e. no curses)?

Thanks in advance,
greg_fenton.

=====
Greg Fenton