Re: Log analysis requirements

Hi,

I too would like to see a logfile monitoring script, please feel free to
post it on the list.

Regarding iptraf's daemon operation, I have to sheepishly admit that the
daemon mode was a feature entered much later and really wasn't part of the
original design, hence the dumping of the screen output to /dev/null.
Perhaps if I have the time I can really overheaul the softwar and put in a
better abstraction layer, but I'm afraid that's impossible at this time.
I sure hope you guys can live with the current daemon mode implementation.
:)

However I remain open to your suggestions regarding the logfile analysis.
Do let me know if you need any modifications or stuff with the logfile
content or format.

Gerard