Re: [kidsgames] Circus Linux!

> I wonder how SDL_mixer compares to esd... I know many applications are
> starting to include native esd support, as well as esd working with most
> programs that just use the standard /dev/dsp

SDL_mixer is nice because it natively understands WAVE sound samples,
as well as MOD music files, MIDI music files, and MP3 samples.

It's also cross-platform, working on Linux, a few other Unixen, Windows,
BeOS, and soon, MacOS.

Of course, the reason _it_ works with these systems is because the main SDL
library's audio functionality works with them.  It just mixes stuff and
plays music and stuff and lets SDL do the actual talking to hardware...

-bill!
-
kidgames@smluc.org  -- To get off this list send "unsubscribe" in the
body of a message to majordomo@smluc.org