Re: [kidsgames] ClanLib

On Sun, 17 Oct 1999, Chris Ellec wrote:

-->Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 18:07:38 -0700
-->From: Chris Ellec <info@linuxforkids.com>
-->To: kidsgames <kidsgames@smluc.org>
-->Subject: [kidsgames] ClanLib
-->
-->I finally had time to install ClanLib, since it seemed the most
-->interesting of all the packages listed. You also have to get the
-->Hermes package (listed on the Clanlib page).
-->
-->I got the Pacman demo and Pingus.
-->
-->I had trouble with X, since both gave me garbled screens, but no
-->error messages ...
-->

yuck.

-->I went in the source and changed the resolation and bpp, but it
-->didn't help (tried 8, 16 and 24). So I tried changing the
-->parameters for X, and I finally got it to work with X at 16 bpp
-->and the games at 16 bpp also. (X was 24 bpp originally)
-->
-->I only tried the games for a minute or so, they both work, and is
-->you liked Lemmings, you are going to love Pingus !
-->
-->Anyway, now that that's working, I have to figure out how to
-->write my own game ....
-->

:)

--