Re: [kidsgames] first_math

jeff@smluc.org wrote:

> Would you like this to become one of the first kidsgames projects or
> maintain it separately?
>
> We have much to hash out on exactly how kidsgames will be related to
> existing projects, and even projects that are spawned from the kidsgames
> project.
>
> I think it is perfectly acceptable to have both projects maintained
> directly in the kidsgames cvs and those that are only linked to from
> kidsgames.  Any comments on this from anybody?

I humbly recommend that you look at the basic organization of SEUL/edu,
which I think works pretty well.  If someone has a project they want to
have listed as a "SEUL/edu-supported" project and it meets our
qualifications, we put a link to their project on our projects page.  If
they want to include it in our CVS that's fine; if not, that's fine
too.  SEUL offers lots of services to many different projects, and we
include all the projects listed on the SEUL/edu projects page in the
offers.  Some take us up on them, some don't.  We're not looking to
control these various projects but to encourage them and offer a "round
table" site where people working on and interested in various aspects of
Linux in education can gather and talk, plan, and help each other.

You may have noticed that we've started writing weekly reports on Linux
in education, which get linked to by Linux Weekly News and LinuxToday.
It might be worthwhile for kidsgames to work on regular KidsGames
reports to submit to these sites too.  If there's not enough volume for
a weekly report, some other period ought to be fine, so long as they're
regular.  If someone wants to do this, I'll be happy to go on at length
about how we decide what to put in our weekly reports.  You can then
either do something similar or something opposite, depending on how bad
you think our reports really are :-).

--
Doug Loss                 Even if you're on the right track,
Data Network Coordinator  you'll get run over if you just