RE: [kidsgames] Just Subscribed.

Steve Baker [mailto:sjbaker1@airmail.net] writes:
[Much interesting lore about Tux-AQFH]

Now I really need to get off my butt and get it up and running, even if that
means upgrading my daughter's graphics card! Kudos to you and Oliver!

> Meanwhile, Oliver is now a "Harry Potter" fan - and like most
> fans of that wonderful series of books he *desperately* wants
> to grab a broomstick and play Quiddich.  He built a Quiddich
> arena and all the various balls (Quaffle, Bludgers, Golden-Snitch)
> - and now he and I are getting into the coding.  This is a
> networked game - but it'll never see the light of day outside
> our home because I don't want to get sued by the author or her
> publishers.

Let's not be hasty! Surely you can work something out with them! This sounds
so fantastic, it'd be worth buying a new computer, or even several! Please
keep us posted!

Hmm...even if they won't budge, I wonder how enforceable a proprietary claim
on the rules of the game itself would be. I mean, unless you include Harry
and other copyrighted characters, all you're doing is implementing a
simulation of a concept, which can't be copyrighted the same as a character.

NB: I'm not a lawyer, nor even close.

Ted

Theodore B. Ruegsegger
Dyncorp Information Systems LLC
ted.ruegsegger@dyncorp.com

"Washington, D.C., a city of Southern efficiency and Northern charm."

-- John F. Kennedy

-
kidgames@smluc.org  -- To get off this list send "unsubscribe" in the
body of a message to majordomo@smluc.org