Re: [kidsgames] SMLUC on Kidsgames

Hi Doug,

On Fri, 5 Nov 1999, Doug Loss wrote:

-->Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 15:01:59 -0500
-->From: Doug Loss <dloss@csrlink.net>
-->To: kidsgames@smluc.org
-->Subject: Re: [kidsgames] SMLUC on Kidsgames
-->
-->cwaddell@mail.orion.org wrote:
-->>
-->> **********************************
-->> Logo
-->>
-->> Jeff's idea for logo, is to have it set up with simple
-->> controls, such as go right, go left, go up, turn, etc.
-->>
-->> This will draw on the screen, kind of like spiralgraph or
-->> turtle.
-->> At the SAME time, the code for creating this picture will
-->> appear in a window next to the drawing.  We hope that the
-->> users will get tired of the simple controls, and move into
-->> programming.  An early foundation in basic programming logic
-->> should help them move into other programming languages.
-->> *********************************
-->>
-->There are some folks on the seul-edu mailing list who have been talking
-->about Logo in some detail.

what would be the EASIEST way to pull those discussions out of the
archive?

-->  At least one of them is also on this list,

Yeah!!!!

-->so there should be some cross-fertilization between the lists.

Hope so, I'm on both lists, but my catching up on seul-edu hasn't even
begun yet....sometimes life moves too slow, and it's already 3:30 am.
When AM I going to sleep.....

-->  At any
-->rate, I hope that if something gets started on either list it will be
-->CCed to the other; I'd hate to see two efforts to do exactly the same
-->thing where one with more resources might be better able to succeed.
-->

I'll try to remember this.... As soon as I can do *something* with Ian's
code I will let you all know.... If anybody else got Ian's code to do
stuff, please inform the rest of us... ;)

Sincerely,

Jeff Waddell
jeff@smluc.org

-