[kidsgames] Starting point

I wrote GCompris recently http://gcompris.sourceforge.net and this has
proves me the need for a such set of educational game.
I don't know yet if you have any ideas on how to start this ambitious
project.

I personaly thing that we need an engine and games to be strongly
separated.
The list seul-edu@seul.org is currently discussing about creating a game
engine.
I just suggested them the following idea:

"Another path to accomplish this would be to use bonobo from Gnome:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/guides/corba/
I don't know it much, but defining a bonobo api for games should let
games and the
engine be really separated.
Current Gnome games could be extended to use bonobo and thus let us
benefit from the
current games (if we are open source, let's reuse code that our
advantage).
Different engine could be written dedicated to education or arcade.
Games and the engine can evolve and exist independantly.
I see many advantage of this architecture. What do you thing?"

And you, what do you think?

Bruno Coudoin.

-
kidsgames@smluc.org  -- To get off this list send "unsubscribe kidsgames"