[kidsgames] Kidsgames

Hi folks,

Hmmm... the CVS repository is still to be announced, the Faq-O-Matic
answers barely any questions, in the mailinglist archives I find nothing
but amusing stories and most 'educational' games I found on the web are
just funny, not informative. There are some programs that are quite nice
(like letters - http://www.netidea.com/~captain/lln/), but I'm sure we
can do better!

I want to make an educational (GTK/Gnome) game for children (between
1-10 years) that runs on Linux (only). I already made some games (gtkgo
and UNFAIR, see freshmeat.net), but even though the idea of most 'Linux
for kids'-pages is good, the whole concept could be much easier (and
better).

There are very much people who'd like to code something nice for Linux
and there are a lot of people who have idea's for educational games...
we should bring these people together, that's all. We need a page with
idea's and a page with people who'd like to code these educational
programs on Linux. Can this be done @smluc.org? This would be nice...
then I can start working too :)

Greetings, Norbert de Jonge

-