Re: [[kidsgames] Kidsgames]

Try http://gumby.penguinpowered.com/kids which I just popped up w/ a
discussion forum for the subject. It is a fairly reliable server. Only
sometimes the cleanup people reboot the machine by accident at night. CVS I
don't see the need for at this time as I don't see any real code yet. Of
course this is all just secondary to the anything they want to throw up on the
main page. :) Not trying to steal anyones thunder here.

Norbert de Jonge <ndejonge@telebyte.nl> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Hmmm... the CVS repository is still to be announced, the Faq-O-Matic
> answers barely any questions, in the mailinglist archives I find nothing
> but amusing stories and most 'educational' games I found on the web are
> just funny, not informative. There are some programs that are quite nice
> (like letters - http://www.netidea.com/~captain/lln/), but I'm sure we
> can do better!
>
> I want to make an educational (GTK/Gnome) game for children (between
> 1-10 years) that runs on Linux (only). I already made some games (gtkgo
> and UNFAIR, see freshmeat.net), but even though the idea of most 'Linux
> for kids'-pages is good, the whole concept could be much easier (and
> better).
>
> There are very much people who'd like to code something nice for Linux
> and there are a lot of people who have idea's for educational games...
> we should bring these people together, that's all. We need a page with
> idea's and a page with people who'd like to code these educational
> programs on Linux. Can this be done @smluc.org? This would be nice...
> then I can start working too :)
>
> Greetings, Norbert de Jonge
>
> -
> kidgames@smluc.org  -- To get off this list send "unsubscribe" in the
> body of a message to majordomo@smluc.org

Michael McGlothlin <mcglothlin@netscape.net>
President, M-Tech Information Services
phone: (305) 485-7961   fax: (305) 485-7969
8870 Fontainbleau BLVD #206, Miami, FL 33172
http://members.tripod.com/~mogmios/mtech/