Re: [kidsgames] a few games found at freshmeat.net

On Wed, 06 Oct 1999, Mark Knox wrote:
> > my wanderings today took me to freshmeat where, after doing what I went
> > there to do, I put "kids" in the search form, to which it got 3 hits.
>
> Wow.. only 3 hits.. That's a pretty sad result. I guess we'd all better
> get to work :)

otoh, We could go to the canonical `games for unix' ftp site and start
evaluating.

http://www.freebsd.org/ports/games.html

`Hundreds of them', and many of them really pretty good fun.

My son aged 10, and several of his friends, find x-digger just great.
It is not only a hand-eye co-ordination program but many of the scenes or levels
have a logical deduction component. It's particularly good once you realise that
a single word edit in the source code gives you a game author mode which
allows you to make new scenes.

We have had great fun with it.

--
Sincerely etc.,

 NAME    Christopher Sawtell - Support Engineer - iOpen Technologies Ltd.
 ICQ UIN 45863470
 EMAIL   csawtell(at)xtra(dot)co(dot)nz
 CNOTES  ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/languages/C/tutorials/sawtell_C.tar.gz
-