Re: [Libevent-users] Deadlock driving me nuts

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 2:55 PM, Sherif Fanous <sherif.fanous@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm willing to post code snippets if it helps.
> What I'm seeing is that after some time adding just 1 event causes an
> infinite loop in evmap_io_active, and I can't figure out if I'm doing
> anything wrong, and why the code would work for some time then go crazy.
> Thanks
> Sherif

Hm.  If there's an infinite loop there, it *probably* means that the
event list for that fd has become corrupt.  One reason that can happen
is if you add an event, then re-assign it and re-add it without first
deleting it.  To debug that, try enabling debug mode by calling
     event_enable_debug_mode();
near the start of your program (before you construct any event_bases).

It should detect any attempts to modify an event that's currently pending.

HTH,
--
Nick