Re: [Libevent-users] standalone evbuffer library?

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 6:49 AM, CheYi Lin <cheyi.lin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The evbuffer of libevent 2.0.x is really great.
>
> Is it possible to have a standalone evbuffer library?
> (no locking, no callbacks ... buffer handling only)
>
> or any suggestion? (other libraries ... etc.)

You could probably build that, sure.  There's already a compile-time
option to disable all the locking code in Libevent
(--disable-thread-support in the configure file;
EVENT__DISABLE_THREAD_SUPPORT in buffer.c).  There isn't a
compile-time option to disable all the callbacks.

I'm not currently interested in developing or maintaining a standalone
evbuffer, but if anybody wants to contribute nice clean patches to
make it easier for people who want it standalone to build it, I'd be
glad to consider merging them.

yrs,
--
Nick