Re: [Libevent-users] Evhttp client + conneciton pool

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 04:05:59PM +0300, Nir Soffer wrote:

> On Mar 29, 2013, at 6:32 PM, lesa Le wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to write a program to retrieve data using evhttp_make_request(). It needs to handle a significant amount of requests per second, to a decent amount of servers. Somewhere in the neighbourhood of 100s of servers, issuing several requests per second.
> >
> > What I'm currently working on is some kind of a connection pool. I'd like to avoid opening a new connection for every request, but I'm trying to find the most efficient way to do this.
>

> I would also check evhtp library <https://github.com/ellzey/libevhtp/> it may be easier to build your tool with it.

Good idea, but there is a downside: the connection pooling here is
closely tied to server operations, not client. (also the client API is
pretty basic right now).

On the other hand, the evthr code (libevhtp/evthr) can be used
independently. It's quite handly once you get the hang of it. It
operates much like what Nir has suggested (finding the least utilized
pool, etc).