Re: [Libevent-users] Setting timeout to NULL on bufferevents doesn't work as expected

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 3:24 PM, Nick Mathewson <nickm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 5:31 PM, Diwaker Gupta <diwaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't believe that we defined whether setting the timeout to NULL
> will cancel any currently pending timeouts.  That is, if the timeout
> has already fired, and the corresponding event is active, I don't know
> that we've defined whether setting the timeout to NULL will cancel the
> callback or not.

My experience is that setting the timeout to NULL doesn't disable the
timeout, period. Not only do any pending timeouts fire, but they
persist.

> It might be reasonable to define this, and define the answer to "yes"
> -- it's a reasonable thing to want.

I, for one, am strongly in favor of this. The documentation simply
says "NULL disables the timeout" and IMO this is a very reasonable
interpretation.

Diwaker

http://maginatics.com