[Libevent-users]How to distinguish network error from high delay network when using evhttp?

Hi,

Recently, I write a download client application with libevent, but my program can not tell whether the network is crashed (like not connected with wire, or NIC disabled) or I'm still downloading data but delay is very high and bandwith is very low...

I know when the req arg of the callback of http request is NULL, the request is failed, but how can I tell the two situation from each other?

Thanks