Re: [Libevent-users] OpenSSL 1.0.2g

On Tue, Aug 09, 2016 at 05:31:42PM -0700, David Carrel wrote:

> > > Are there any plans for new releases anytime soon?  Beta?
> >
> > Of course, right now we are planning 2.1.6, and yes -- it will be beta
> > (for now plans looks like this).
> >

> I look forward to 2.1.6-beta.  That will be great and I really look forward
> to seeing it.
>
> What can you say (what do you know) about the stability of the top of
> tree?

Hi David,

Well, currently we are testing top of tree, and pushing only fixes
related to release (like fix compilation on solaris/freebsd/cmake/...),
to make release ASAP.

> What testing has it undergone?

We have unit tests, and some others, and we use CI for osx/win32/linux:
- https://travis-ci.org/libevent/libevent
- https://ci.appveyor.com/project/nmathewson/libevent

(There are some failures, but some of them are false-positive).

> Do you have much feedback from
> others running ToT?

As for feedback not much I guess, we have next channels though:
- irc
- mailing list
- github issues/pull-requests

> It is working well in my testing so far, but I feel I
> have barely scratched the surface so far.  I'm giving it much wider testing
> now.

Great, go ahead, and report bugs if you find any (preferred place for
this is github issues)!

Regards,
Azat.