Re: [Libevent-users] Faking EVLOOP_NO_EXIT_ON_EMPTY on earlier versions

On 08/17/2016 04:06 PM, Azat Khuzhin wrote:
On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 09:32:13AM -0600, Philip Prindeville wrote:
I'm working on a program (a Tacacs+ proxy) which, for now, has 2 threads one
which listens to DBus requests (not using libevent, but I'll change that
eventually) and another which manages TCP sockets (via the bufferevent
stuff) inside an event_base_dispatch().

I'm on Debian 8 and have 2.0.5 installed... I don't have
EVLOOP_NO_EXIT_ON_EMPTY available since that was introduced in 2.1.1.

Is there an easy way to get the same functionality without burning a lot of
CPU with:

     while (1)
         event_base_dispatch(evbase);
Hi Philip,

You can hack this by adding a listener for some signal, with
evsignal_*() stuff.

But maybe it is better to use 2.1?

Cheers,
Azat.

It probably would be, but we're required to use standard Debian release versions of packages.

Even when they are incredibly out of date.

-Philip