Re: [Libevent-users] Supported platforms

On Thu, 21 Jun 2018, 19:46 Philip Prindeville, <philipp_subx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi.

I was wondering if we have an (almost) complete list of what OSes are supported.  In particular:

Linux
BSD/Darwin
Solaris
VMS
Windows (2003 and later)
VxWorks
QNX
Greenhills Integrity
VMS (seriously, not a joke)
SCO Unix
IRIX
Unicos SMP
RTEMS
Nucleos

Hi Philip,

I don't know all of them but all os'es from Vagrantfile (in git) should work. And if course this list is not limited to that boxes only.

P.S. I don't even hear about some of OSes from your list.

On a side-note, is anyone interested in getting AIO (async-I/O) working with libevent?  Some of non-UNIX based RTOS’s that have POSIX do better AIO than select()/epoll() emulation.

I thought that you about file aio (Linux), but after reading to the end I guess your are talking about some kind of new mechanism for fd multiplexing?
If so, than it will be also great, since libevent supports huge list of various environments (and I guess that this is the libevent's "thing")

Also if someone/you will take a look at this, I would suggest with looking through all quirks that we have for windows/and-others, and maybe they can be done in a more generic way.

Regards,
Azat.